Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Names Within Names" Anagrams - Part 2

With the new tools and techniques that I am using to find anagrams, I am beginning to realize that finding people's names within other people's names is a very common occurrence. Originally, I was planning a page at stevengalen.com called Oddity Anagrams, where names within names would be a small segment. But now, I think this special type of anagram warrants its own page and even then, I couldn't list all of the ones that I am finding because there would be too many. Eventually, I will probably only catalogue one's that make sense. Here are some more examples that I have found since my last blog.

John Quincy Adams = Cash my Don Juan IQ

Helena Bonham Carter = Blame hot Anne Archer
Helena and Anne are actresses.

Grover Cleveland = VCR doll, Eva Green

Woody Harrelson = Yes! Ol' Ron Howard

Andrew Jackson = Jack Warden son
Andrew Jackson was a U.S. president. Jack Warden played the U.S. president in the movie Being There starring Peter Sellers.

Jayne Mansfield = Fly in James Dean
This anagram is probably the most interesting one here since both James and Jayne were actors from the same era. They also both died young in car accidents.

Elizabeth Montgomery = Emily Bronté goth maze
Elizabeth was best known for starring in the TV show Bewitched.

Chuck Norris = Un-Chris Rock

Franklin Pierce = Finer Cal Ripken
President and baseball player

Franklin D. Roosevelt = Stroke for Ivan Lendl
= Rod Laver tennis folk

Two tennis champions are found within the name of America's 32nd president.

Henry David Thoreau = Darth Vader in you, eh?

George Washington = I now gag Seth Rogen

Now that the methods are in place to discover names within names, I will start being more selective in which anagrams I catalog. I will be looking for anagrams of this type that make sense.

Six of the anagram subjects above are presidents. If you'd like to see anagrams of all the presidents, visit the link below

President Anagrams @ stevengalen.com

Steve Galen

No comments:

Post a Comment